Betrayal is a part of life.
We all go through it at least once, and it stings like a swarm.
And though it feels like being run over by a stampede of buffalo, experiencing betrayal is an integral part of living — because all human emotions help us grow and become better people.
So today, we’re looking at betrayal of trust quotes.
If you’re going through a challenging time because of someone else’s duplicity or disloyalty, we hope you find our list of broken trust quotes soothing.
67 Betrayed Broken Trust Quotes to Validate and Support You
Whatever happened broke your heart.
Maybe it was a romantic betrayal, or perhaps a professional or platonic relationship has been severed because of double-dealing or deceit.
Whichever the case, these quotes can help you move onward and upward.
1. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” ― Mineko Iwasaki
2. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.” ― Malcolm X
3. “If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.” ― Toba Beta
4. “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” ― Arthur Miller
5. “Anyone can betray anyone.” — Victoria Aveyard
6. “Confession is not betrayal. What you say or do doesn’t matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you-that would be the real betrayal.” — George Orwell
8. “The moment of betrayal is the worst, the moment when you know beyond any doubt that you’ve been betrayed: that some other human being has wished you that much evil.” — Margaret Atwood
9. “It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.” ― Confucius
10. “Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.” ― Toba Beta
11. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.” ― Christine Feehan
12. “Only those you trust can betray you.” ― Terry Goodkind
13. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ― Kamand Kojouri
14. “Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” ― Ziad K. Abdelnour
16. “Even a seemingly good relationship can be destroyed with simple trust issues if not sorted out early.” – Samuel Zulu
17. “When trust is broken, there is not any medicine to recover that again, as it was before, even you try hard to gain back.” – Ehsan Sehgal
18. “Being trustworthy requires: Doing the right thing. And doing things right.” – Don Peppers
19. “Broken trust forces us, first, to acknowledge a painful reality we may have chosen to ignore, then, to make some difficult decisions.” — Dr. Jane Greer
20. “He who trusts the world, the world betrays him.” ― Ali Ibn Abi Talib AS
21. “I may have trust issues, but some people seem to have an issue with the responsibility of being trusted.” ― Melchor Lim
22. “Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.” – Bob Vanourek
24. “Trust is like an antique, once it’s broken, it can never be replaced.” – Mouloud Benzadi
25. “Each betrayal begins with trust.” ― Phish
26. “One who is fed on promises eats from an empty bowl.” ― Marsha Hinds
27. “Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul.” ― George R.R. Martin
28. Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” — Albert Einstein
29. “A broken glass can’t be repaired neither a broken trust.” – Paola Rivera
30. “Betrayals don’t cancel each other out. They just hurt more.” ― Carley Fortune
31. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you trust enough.” – Frank Crane
32. “Never trust someone who lies to you. Never lie to someone who trusts you.” – Mandy
33. “Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” – Aesop
More Related Articles
34. “Trust is a funny thing; it takes such a long time to build, yet it’s broken in a second.” – Sandie Jones
35. “Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.” — William Shakespeare
36. “To forgive someone who hurt you is easy but to trust them again is next to impossible.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
37. “Sometimes trusting a friend is the hardest thing to do, even the closest friends can become enemies.” — James Merrow
38. “Never be silent with persons you love and distrust,” Mr. Carpenter had said once. “Silence betrays.” ― L.M. Montgomery
39. “Not everyone can be trusted. I think we all have to be very selective about the people we trust.” — Shelley Long
41. “Trust was a double-edged sword. It could give you hope, but it could cut you in an instant when it was broken.” – Tiffany King
42. “Trust is the highest form of human motivation. It brings out the very best in people. But it takes time and patience.” — Stephen R. Covey
43. “Trust him not with your secrets, who, when left alone in your room, turns over your papers.” — Johann Kaspar Lavater
44. “If you don’t have trust inside your company, then you can’t transfer it to your customers.” – Roger Staubach
45. “You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough.” — Frank Crane
46. “Trust is like that. You can break it for a good reason. But it still remains broken.” – Harlan Coben
47. “To conquer the unknown you must trust.” – Yogi Bhajan
48. “For only when faithfulness turns to betrayal And betrayal into trust Can any human being become part of the truth.” – Rumi
49. “Broken trust is hard to heal because we’re not even trying to heal it. We’re just trying to make ourselves feel safe.” – Mira Kirshenbaum
50. “Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.” — Democritus
51. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
53. “If offering apologies and making promises fixed broken trust, there’d be no broken trust left to fix.” — Tim Cole
54. “Betrayal isn’t ridiculous. It’s the reason empires fall.” ― Marisha Pessl
55. “When we fail, our pride supports us, and when we succeed it betrays us.” ― Charles Colton
56. “Love never betrays. People do.” ― Rohit Sharma
57. “Trust is an illusion meant to wrap one in a false sense of belief, in that moment of realization will despair ultimately set in.” ― Lolah Runda
58. “Don’t ever break someone’s trust. Once you do, then nobody wants to do business with you.” — Robert Budi Hartono
59. “Broken trust and anger will close a heart until honesty and love is once again found.” — Anonymous
60. “Broken trust is like melted chocolate. No matter how hard you try to freeze it. you can never return it to the original shape.” — Anonymous
61. “The healing of broken trust is a natural process. Trust itself is natural.” — Mira Kirshenbaum
62. “Do you know why he did what he did to you? Because he could.” ― Karishma Magvani
63. “When your trust is someone is broken, you will inevitably experience shock, denial, anger, and sadness, feelings that are, in many ways, akin to the mourning process following a death.” — Dr. Jane Greer
64. “Lies destroy. But, you don’t have to stay broken forever.” ― Marjory Sheba
65. “To write is your last resort when you’ve betrayed someone.” ― Jean Genet
66. “While stabbing someones back, you recklessly expose your own.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
67. “Betrayal is like death: you never imagine it could happen to you.” ― Marty Rubin
How to Use These Broken Trust Quotes
How can quotes help when healing from a betrayal? People use them in several ways.
- As Affirmations: Affirmations are a proven way to boost your mood. Repeating them to yourself can change your brain’s neural pathways and help your thinking transfer to a more positive track.
- During Meditation: Picking a quote to dissect during an analytical meditation session may help you process the situation better. Perhaps you’ll be able to see things from a healthier perspective and leave the pain behind.
- Screen Reminders: Sometimes, we need visual reminders to boost our moods. Make a .gif of the quote and use it as your screensaver. A friendly reminder will be waiting whenever you open your phone or computer.
- Social Media Quotes: Sharing empowering quotes on social media can be helpful. Not only does it help you find your voice, but it encourages others who may be navigating similar travails.
Disappointment that trust is broken quotes can help you work through a difficult time. We hope this list helps you do just that.